11.23.2009

Adam Lambert - "That's Discrimination"


Adam Lambert was expected to wow everyone with his closing performance at the American Music Awards Sunday night, but was it the wow everyone was expecting? Adam shared an onstage kiss with a male keyboardist, and if that wasn't enough, some 'bump and grind' dancing was shared with another male cast member. Earlier this year in Rolling Stone Magazine, Adam Lambert came out of the closet, so to speak, so this should not come to a surprise to anyone. I know it didn't to me. But what does come to a surprise was that the TV Network then edited and cut out the parts of his performance that portrayed his selective lifestyle. Adam Lambert is now claiming 'discrimination', and I have to say that I agree with him on this one. Yes, I have been an Adam Lambert fan since the first time we saw him at the American Idol Auditions, but that is not what puts me on his side. A few years ago, wasn't it the Video Music Awards where Madonna and Britney Spears shared an onstage kiss?? Was that edited for playback? I don't think so. This society seems to be okay with a little girl on girl action, but not okay with the reverse aspect. I'm not saying I'm for or against anything, but I do believe that people have a choice on how they choose to live their life, and we must respect their decisions and accept them for who they are. There are probably many people out there who disagree with me, and that's ok. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But this is America people! The land of the free! Doesn't that include freedom to live your life how you want? He's not commiting a crime, not hurting anyone. I can see that I'm getting off on a tanget, so I'll wrap this up quick. For years, women artists have been living their lives provocativly in the spotlight, and no censorship or editing was made. For this to happen now, when a male is simply doing the same as what women have done for years, is just not right. Adam Lambert is right in his choice of words, It's just plain discrimination!