12.13.2009

Tiger Admits To Infidelity, Takes Break From Golf


Hopefully this is one of the last few things we will hear from Tiger Woods and all his drama any time soon. On December 11th, Tiger released a statement to the media, after two shameful weeks of scandalous reports, saying he was taking an indefinate break from golf so he could focus his attention on being a better husband, father and person.

"I am deeply aware of the disappointment and hurt that my
infidelity has caused to so many people, most of all my wife and children. I
want to say to everyone that I am profoundly sorry and that I ask
forgiveness. It may not be possible to repair the damage I've done, but I
want to do my best to try."

Now, after all that has been brought to the table about Tiger the past couple of weeks, part of me does feel sorry for the guy. Think about how many celebrity men out there (Jude Law, Lil Wayne, etc.) who travel and encounter vast amounts of women throwing themselves at them everyday, some even going as far as to produce a 'love child'. It's a known fact that rock stars, band members, and celebrities alike all enjoy the 'company' of women on the road. That is something that has been going on for years (look at Johnny Cash). So why is the news about Tiger Woods such a surprise to us? I haven't quite grasped that yet. Maybe it's because we all put him up on a pedestol and thought he could never even be capable of doing something wrong? I'm not sure. But one thing I can say is that I am actually surprised that he is laying everything down to pick up the pieces with his family. It takes alot for someone such as Tiger to do that, and at the same time, admit you were wrong.


Everyone makes mistakes. Now, he's recognized his wrongdoings, so let's leave him to try and put the pieces of his life, marriage and family back together in peace.